Hi, I am Tobias Mühlbauer and this is my personal blog. Currenty I am a PhD Student and Research Assistant in the Database Group at Technische Universität München. I hold a Master’s degree from the Software Engineering Graduate Program of Universität Augsburg, Technische Universität München, and Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München. During my studies I worked for Google and IBM and visited Stanford University and the University of Illinois.
My blog entries include articles related to my projects and research in computer science and what else I experience in life.
My current research interests are in the areas of in-memory database systems, scalability of information systems, and algebraic specification and verification of distributed and data-driven systems. To find out more about my academic work, please see my university profile and my list of publications. You might also want to check out my other projects.
Besides academia, I enjoy going scuba diving, playing beach volleyball, and travelling around the globe. In Munich, the city I currently live in, my favorite locations include the beer gardens in the “Englischer Garten” and the various cafes scattered all-around downtown.
- February 2012 – Present
- PhD Student and Research Assistant in the Database Group, Prof. Kemper and Prof. Neumann
Technische Universität München
- October 2011 – January 2012
- Software Engineering Intern at Google
- March 2011 – September 2011
- Master’s Thesis at the Formal Methods and Declarative Languages Laboratory, Prof. Meseguer
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- October 2009 – September 2011
- Master of Science with Honors in Software Engineering
Technische Universität München, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Universität Augsburg, Germany
- July 2010 – September 2010
- Extreme Blue Intern at IBM
- October 2006 – September 2009
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Minor: Mathematics)
Technische Universität München, Germany
- June 2008 – September 2008
- Stay abroad
Stanford University, USA
- Scholarships & Awards
- Elite Network of Bavaria
Max Weber-Programm Bayern